Wednesday, 17 September 2014

Things I Love About Autumn

As you might have guessed from my last post... I LOVE AUTUMN. As I get older it's quickly becoming my favourite season of the year and I can't wait for the most beautiful season of them all to hit. While we're waiting for autumn to properly arrive, here are the top few things I love about autumn.



1. Hot chocolate. 

Proper hot chocolate; thick and creamy with marshmallows on top. Drinking it snuggled up in bed late at night, while watching cartoons, is absolute bliss.

2. Everything looks lovely.

Autumn has a unique way of making grey, dreary days look beautiful. When I drive home from Bath I have to make my way down a huuuuuge, winding hill (Brassknocker Hill, if you fancy Googling it) and has incredible views all over Somerset and Wiltshire. It looks lovely all year round but nothing beats that view when the leaves have started to turn and the woods are the brightest oranges and reds.

3. New fashion and beauty releases.

A slew of new beauty releases are coming out over the next couple of months and the shops have switched bikinis and flip flops for duster coats and boots. Nothing beats browsing online and creating a huuuuge wishlist of all the gorgeous things I hope to buy for the autumn/winter season.

4. Goodbye salads, hello stews.

Well, I'm not going to pretend I spent the summer eating salad but, you know. Autumn is the time for comfort food: I'm thinking hot pots, pies and rich beef stews. 

5. TV becomes 1000x more awesome.

So many new shows and old favourites start up in September and October and I can't wait. I didn't watch much TV over the summer, so I'm looking forward to curling up on my sofa and getting into a great show.

6. Candles.

I do burn candles all year round but when it's sweltering outside I definitely don't partake as often as I do in the cooler months. As I work from home I'm pretty much burning a candle from when I get up until I go to bed and I have a huge bag of Yankee Candle wax melts to work my way through. I'm burning Cinnamon Stick as we speak and my living room smells incredible.

*

So, those are a few of the things I love most about the cooler months of September, October and November. How about you? What's on your list?

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree with all of these! Autumn is absolutely my favourite time of year and I agree that it's definitely the most beautiful season of them all.
    I'm off to go light a candle..

    Great post!

    Chloe x

    Chloe's Way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the TV shows are returning. This means my evenings are going to be packed now though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favourite season without a shadow of a doubt! Everything looks that much more lovelier and the TV is way better :)

    ReplyDelete